Each Fiddes Hard Wax Oil Trade Sample Kit contains: 14 product sample tins (including matt, satin & 12 tinted), timber swatches highlighting the colour range, brochures, application instructions and a Fiddes Stubby Holder.
Key benefits of Fiddes Hard Wax Oil:
- Clear available in 4 Sheen levels – Matt, Silk, Satin and Gloss
- Pre-Tinted range in 12 colours
- Customisable – Tinted colours can be mixed together or with the clear
- Suitable for all internal timber e.g., floors, kitchen bench tops, furniture, doors & joinery
- Suitable for any porous surface e.g., Concrete, cork, stone etc.
- Quick Drying (under 4 hours in correct conditions – fully cured in 7 days)
- Highly Durable – More durable than buffed in HWO’s and no need to add additional hardeners
- Replenishable – if maintained correctly, no need to re-sand before applying maintenance coats
- Easy to Maintain- Simply use Fiddes Wood Floor Cleaner as required
- Suitable for application onto children’s toys – EN 71 – Toy Safety Test
- Water Resistant: Tested in accordance with BS 3900 G5
- Resistant to wear: Tested in accordance with BS 3900 EI5
- Slip Resistant rating of R11 out of the tin – no need to add anything
- Easy to use – clear HWO simply rolled on using a short nap roller (see application instructions and YouTube Videos for further details)
- No need for special Maintenance Oils
- Excellent coverage rate – approx. 20 – 24sqm per litre
- Does not react with silicone or putty
- Non yellowing
Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry
and free from previous finish. Minor gaps and holes can be filled with Fiddes Filler Gel if required. Sand the substrate with a fine 120-150 grade sandpaper. Ensure the surface is clean and remove all traces of dust prior to application.
Ensure all areas to be coated are extremely well ventilated during and after application. Always test on a small area prior to initial application. Stir contents thoroughly before and during use. No sealer or primer is required. Maximum 2 coats recommended at a coverage rate of 20-24m2 per litre depending on density of substrate.
First Coat – For floors use a brush or painters pad to cut into the edges first. Apply THINLY using a brush or short nap 4-5mm microfibre roller and lay evenly following the direction of the grain. Leave to dry for 4-6 hours in ventilated conditions and if possible good airflow. Longer drying times can be expected with exotic wood species and with unfavourable climate conditions.
Second Coat – Check to feel that the first coat feels dry and is not tacky. Using a non-abrasive pad (maroon pad for flooring) lightly abrade the surface. Vacuum/remove dust and apply as per first coat. Leave to dry in well ventilated conditions or preferably overnight. The coating has reached its maximum curing after 7 days. Clean Applicators with White Spirits.
*Spray Application – Depending on individual spray equipment, Hard Wax Oil can be diluted with Fiddes White Spirits up to a maximum of 10% as required.
Hard Wax Oil is a blend of natural oils and waxes offering exceptional durability and resistance for internal timber surfaces and flooring. Hard Wax Oil is easily maintained and rejuvenated when required. If maintained correctly, no future sanding is needed as it is a replenishable coating system designed to be easily spot repaired without leaving repair marks. The coating is quick drying, meaning any future maintenance coats can be applied and dry within a few hours. The coating will be fully cured in 7 days. Ongoing maintenance will depend on the treatment, so to extend the life of your coating it is important to care for it correctly.
Furniture & Joinery:
To care for your furniture and joinery we recommend regular cleaning with a microfibre cloth to remove dust and to use Fiddes aftercare products. Simply spray Fiddes Wood Surface Cleaner lightly and evenly, wiping clean with a lint free cloth.
To keep your floor looking its best, remove dirt and grit as it can cause fine scratching and wear on your floor. We recommend a broom or electrostatic mop or if using a vacuum cleaner please ensure the head will not scratch the coating. We also recommend only mopping as required using Fiddes Wood Floor Cleaner and to not oversaturate the timber. A microfibre spray mop is ideal. Please also ensure all mobile furniture such as chairs have adequate protection to eliminate any unnecessary premature wearing. Fiddes Australia offers a range of mobile furniture protectors available to purchase on our website.
Under no circumstance use bleach, ammonia or caustic based cleaners. It is also important to not use citrus or eucalyptus-based cleaning products. These products will strip or weaken the coating and could cause colour distortion and reduce the durability and stain resistance.
Fiddes Floor Reviver Kits are also available to assist in the removal of light surface marking. Please follow the instructions on the product when necessary.
How To Videos
Safety Data Sheet
You may also like...